We might be biased, but we think we’re located in the most beautiful part of the world. Nestled up against the Coral Sea with those sweeping views of gorgeous Magnetic Island, right on the doorstep to one of the world’s most wondrous places – the Great Barrier Reef.
We know that our backyard is pretty special. We also know that we have a responsibility to do everything we can to protect and preserve it for generations to come. That’s why sustainable practices are at the heart of everything we do. We live and breathe it so that future generations can enjoy all the spoils our region has to offer.
What we’re doing to make a difference
- We keep a close eye on our impact using Impact Sustainability software which allows us to measure and monitor our carbon footprint so we can continuously improve what we do and how we do it.
- We donate $5 from every hotel stay at The Ville to Reef Keepers to support projects and organisations that are doing amazing work across the region in protecting the Great Barrier Reef.
- We have solar panels installed on the roof of our state-of-the-art conferencing and events space, The Pavilion, to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
- We’ve fitted out the property with sensor lighting in common areas to ensure we can reduce our daily energy use wherever possible.
- We’ve eliminated all single-use plastics from the resort and all its dining outlets including straws and plastic water bottles.
- We’ve committed to reducing waste across the property and if it can be recycled… we do.