The Ville Physical MasterCard
As a security step, your Card must be activated prior to use. Please keep a record of your cards EAID, as you will need this to activate your Card/s.
You can activate your Card/s via www.the-ville.com.au/gift-cards/
ACTIVATE BY: Your Card/s must be activated latest one (1) month prior to the “Valid thru” date printed on the front of your card.
SPEND BY: Once activated, Cards are ready to use after midday the following business day and must be spent by the "Valid thru" date printed on the front of the card.
A letter will accompany your card with instructions on how to activate.
No extensions, credits or refunds will be given after these dates have passed.
The Ville Pays Enabled-Digital MasterCard
How do I activate The Ville Resort Gift Card?
- You'll have received an SMS from ‘The Ville’ with an activation code.
- Check you have the latest version of The Ville app installed.
- Create a profile in the app. You can do this by selecting "log in" in the top right hand corner and then "join the Ville app". If you already have a profile then you will need to log in. You can only activate digital gift cards through The Ville app. Note down your activation code, as you'll require this later.
- When prompted to activate your card, enter your mobile number and the activation code from the SMS. The mobile number must match the mobile number the activation message was sent to.
- When prompted, read and accept the Terms & Conditions and accept.
- Under profile in The Ville app, click on view wallet.
- Select the digital gift card and this will open a second window where you can store the digital card in your phone's wallet
- Add your gift card to your phone's wallet.
Where can I use The Ville Resort Gift Card?
You can use your card at The Ville at contactless point of sale terminals or you can use your card online for bookings.
How do I use my The Ville Resort Gift Card for online purchases?
Your The Ville Resort Gift Card is a MasterCard; you'll just need your card number, expiry date and CVC number.
Do I need to use a pin number when using my The Ville Resort Gift Card?
No. You can use your The Ville Resort Gift Card without a pin number for purchases under $100. For purchases over $100, you will need a pin number.
The SMS with my activation code is on my old phone. What do I do now?
Please Contact Us and we can re-send the SMS.
I can’t activate my digital gift card. What do I do now?
- Check you have the latest version of the app installed.
- Create a profile in the app;. You can do this by selecting "log in" in the top right hand corner and then "join the Ville app". If you already have a profile then you will need to log in. You can only activate digital gift cards through the app.
- Make sure the mobile you are putting in when you go to activate it is the same as what was put for the recipient when the gift card was purchased. This is will be the phone number the activation SMS was sent to.
- Make sure you're entering the activation code correctly. This is the most common reason for people not being able to activate their card.
If you still can't activate your card, please Contact Us and our team will investigate.
I can’t activate my physical gift card. What do I do now?
Physical gift cards purchased from The Ville do not require activation and are ready to use.
Can I use my The Ville Resort Gift Card at stores that do not accept contactless payment?
You can only use your The Ville Resort Gift Card in store at contactless point of sale terminals
Otherwise you can use your card online. Please refer to the FAQ "How do I use my The Ville Resort Gift Card for online purchases?" for assistance in using your card online.
Can I get cash out with my The Ville Resort Gift Card?
No, you cannot. These cards are prepaid MasterCards and cannot be used to withdraw cash.
Can I use my card for gambling purposes?
No, you cannot.
My phone RFID is broken and I can’t tap? What do I do now?
To use your card in store you will need a functioning RFID chip so you can make contactless payments. However, you can use your card online still. Just follow the steps outlined in "How do I use my The Ville Resort Gift Card for online purchases?"
Can I transfer my The Ville Resort Gift Card to someone else?
No, your The Ville Resort Gift Card is linked to your mobile number and is not transferable.
If I lose my card am I able to get a replacement?
Yes! All we require is an admin fee of $2.95 to set up a new card.
Do I need to set a PIN on my card? How do I set one?
When making in-store payments of $100 or more, you may be required to provide a card PIN.
So if you have a The Ville Resort Gift Card valued at $100 or more, you may wish to set a PIN for your card.
To set a card PIN, view your card in the app, open the Settings menu at top right, and select Manage PIN. You will be prompted for your details including your date of birth.
How safe is my personal information?
What if I have a question that does not appear on the FAQs list?
Visit our contact page to get in touch with one of our friendly customer service representatives.
Can I have an invoice for my gift card?
Yes, please contact us and we'll arrange to have an invoice sent to you.