Terms & Conditions
The Ville Physical Mastercard® Gift Card Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to your The Ville Mastercard prepaid gift card (“the Card”). The Card is issued by EML Payment Solutions Limited ABN 30 131 436 532 AFSL 404131 (“EML”) pursuant to license by Mastercard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd. and distributed by Vault Payment Solutions Group Pty Ltd ABN 632 373 105 (“Vault”) to be offered by The trustee for BREAKWATER ISLAND TRUST ABN 48 071 515 194 (“The Ville”). In these Card terms and conditions, we, us or our means The Ville, EML and Vault; and you, your or user means the cardholder. If you acquire the Card, you will have a contract with us.
Accepting the Card and agreeing to these Conditions of Use
- You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions by using the Card in any capacity including, but not limited to signing the back of the Card, activating the Card, using any Card features or completing a transaction with the Card.
How and where you can use the Card
- The Card is a single load prepaid Mastercard gift card that can be used for purchasing goods and services where Mastercard prepaid cards are accepted (excluding transactions at ATMs or over the counter at financial institutions).
- The Card is not reloadable and must be activated prior to use and expiry. Activation must be completed at least one month prior to the “Valid Thru” date printed on the front of the Card. Once the “Valid Thru” date of the Card is reached, the Card can no longer be used and any remaining balance will be forfeited. We will not give you notice prior to or at expiry.
- Please visit www.the-ville.com.au/giftcard or download The Ville app, then follow the links to activation and enter the required information. Your Card will then be active from 12pm the following business day until the “Valid Thru” date printed on the front of the Card.
- When using the Card at point of sale, if required, press the Credit button to access the available balance.
- When using the Card at point of sale, you may be required to use the PIN specified on the back of the Card to complete transactions over a certain value (typically, when a transaction exceeds ninety-nine ($99) dollars).
- The Card does not have cash out capability. You may not use the Card to withdraw cash.
- The Card cannot be used for making direct debit, recurring, or regular instalment payments. Use of the Card may be declined at some merchants (such as gambling merchants or merchants who choose not to accept the Card).
- The Card is not a credit card and nor is it linked to a deposit account with us and there is no interest payable to you on the available balance on the Card.
Checking your Card balance and transaction history
- You acknowledge and agree that we do not provide you with paper statements. You are responsible for checking your transaction history and knowing the available balance for the Card, all of which will be available to you by visiting The Ville app or www.the-ville.com.au/giftcard and entering the Card EAID (the 9 character alphanumeric identifier printed on the back of the Card).
- You are responsible for ensuring the availability of sufficient funds for all transactions. The Card cannot be used to make transactions that exceed the available balance. For such a transaction you need to pay the difference by another method if the merchant agrees.
- In the event the available amount on the Card is less than the purchase amount, some Merchants may not allow the Cardholder to combine multiple payment types (such as cash, cheque or another payment card) to complete the transaction.
Validity and Card Expiry
- Activation must be completed at least one month prior to the “Valid Thru” date printed on the front of the Card. If not activated by this date, the Card can no longer be used and any remaining balance will be forfeited.
- Once activated, the Card is valid until the expiry date shown on the Card and cannot be used after expiry. At expiry, the remaining available balance will be forfeited. We will not give you any notice before this happens.
- The Card valid thru date is located at the front of the Card.
Your Card, your responsibility
- The Card is like cash. We have no obligation to replace or refund value for misused, lost, stolen or damaged Cards except where we have breached any condition or warranty implied under consumer protection legislation that cannot be excluded in these terms and conditions (for example, warranties as to the exercise of due care and skill in providing services and as to fitness for purpose of materials we provide).
- You are responsible for all transactions on the Card, except where there has been fraud or negligence by our staff or agents. If you notice any error relating to the Card, you should notify The Ville Client Services immediately at https://www.the-ville.com.au/contact/ or The Ville front desk during business hours from 9am – 5pm QLD AEST.
- Except to the extent required by law, we are not liable for any loss or damage arising out of or in any way related to the use of the Cards, including:
- if authorisation is declined for any transaction, except where the authorisation has been declined because of an act or omission on our part;
- if you permit someone else to use the Card, you will be responsible for any transactions initiated by that person with the Card;
- the availability of merchants who allow the use of the Card as payment;
- reduced levels of service caused by the failure of third-party communications and network providers (except to the extent deemed liable under the ePayments Code).
- Unauthorised transactions can occur with the Card if it is lost or stolen, a personal identification number (“PIN”) is revealed to any other person, or because of fraud.
- We are not liable in any way if your Card is lost or stolen, or if funds are misappropriated. If your card is lost or stolen please visit https://www.the-ville.com.au/contact/ to contact us for further assistance.
Errors and complaints
- If we discover an error in the amount of funds loaded, reloaded, received or used for any reason, we are authorised to rectify the error without further notice to you, including but not limited to debiting the equal amount of funds found in error from your Cards available balance.
- If you notice any error relating to the Card or have a query about the Card, you should initially contact The Ville Client Services during business hours. The Ville Client Services can be contacted on:
- If you have a complaint relating to the Card, please contact EML at any of the following:
Phone: 1300 739 889 from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday (Sydney time)
Email: [email protected]
Fees and Charges
- We do not charge any fees for using the Card except for those stated in the table below. However, to the extent permitted by law, some merchants may charge you for using the Card and such fees may be deducted from the balance of your Card at the time of the transaction.
- You agree to pay and authorise us to debit from the Card’s balance all fees and charges listed in the table below immediately as they are incurred.
|Fee Description||Fee $ Amount (ex-GST)|
|Disputed Transaction Fee - charged where a transaction is disputed in error (per transaction)||$25.00|
- A 2.99% foreign exchange conversion fee applies to transactions in any currency other than Australian dollars and is calculated on the Australian dollar transaction amount. This will be included in the total transaction amount debited to the Card.
Limitations of use of the Card
- We may delay, suspend, block or terminate the processing of any transaction, without incurring any liability if:
- we suspect the transaction involves, in any way, illicit proceeds, illicit conduct or relates to an unlawful purpose;
- we suspect the transaction may be in breach of any laws and regulations in Australia or any other country.
- we discover you have breached these Terms and Conditions;
- you provide inaccurate, incomplete, false or deceptive information when acquiring or using the Card.
Refunds or exchanges
- Any refunds on Card transactions are subject to the policy of the specific merchant. Refunds may be in the form of a credit to the Card or in-store credit. If the Card expires or is revoked before you have spent any funds resulting from a refund then you will have no access to those funds.
- You cannot “stop payment” on any transaction after it has been completed. If you have a problem with a purchase made with the Card, or a dispute with a merchant, you must deal directly with the merchant involved. If you cannot resolve the dispute with the merchant, you can contact CPC Customer Support.
- Information will be disclosed to third parties about the Card, or transactions made with the Card, whenever allowed by law, and where necessary to operate the Card and process transactions. Our Privacy Policies are available at:
The Ville: https://www.the-ville.com.au/privacy
Changes to these Conditions of Use
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes to the Terms and Conditions can be viewed at www.the-ville.com.au/giftcard.
to tell our unique stories.
We contribute to our community
We support charity programs that are making a difference in the health and wellbeing of locals.
We give back to local schools, community groups, and sporting clubs so they can make our community strong, vibrant, harmonious and resilient.
We care about our environment
We integrate sustainable practices in everything we do. We understand that our stunning natural surroundings are part of what makes us who we are, and that we have a responsibility to protect and preserve it by minimising and reversing our impact
wherever we can. We continue to implement and improve processes, policies and infrastructure to help reduce our carbon emissions and waste across The Ville.
We use Impact Sustainability to continuously monitor and analyse our impact on the environment. We have installed solar panels across the property to offset our carbon emissions, and eliminated all single-use plastics from the resort and all dining outlets. We donate $5 from every hotel stay to Reef Keepers to support projects and organisations that are doing amazing work in protecting the Great Barrier Reef.